MILES SCHOOL OF DRIVING
Learn to drive. Get your license!
DMV-certified, professional, safe, memorable & supportive experience
Accredited Driving School
Accredited by the Virginia Dept. of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
In-car instruction with complimentary pick-up & drop-off
How the program works
- The program consists of at least 30 hours of instructions and includes components about alcohol safety, drug abuse awareness, aggressive driving, distracted driving, pedestrian and bicycle safety, handicapped parking, fuel efficient driving practices, motorcycle awareness and organ and tissue donation awareness as required by law.
- You must be at least 15 years and 6 months old to take the online driver education course. All individuals who elect to take the classroom component of the driver education course online must take the online course through a DMV licensed driver training school. Homeschooled students are exempt from this requirement.
- In order to benefit from the course, you must be able to work independently and be comfortable with using a computer.
On the day of testing, you must bring the following to the test site:
- Photo identification (DMV issued identification card, school issued identification card, valid passport or military identification)
- Proof of completion of the on-line driver education course
- A completed “Parental Consent for Online Driver Education Examination” (dts62), if you are under age 18. You can download from here
- Proof of completion of the additional 90-minute parent/teen course if you are under age 18 and live in Planning District 8 (counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William and cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Manassas and Manassas Park)
- In order to take the final test, Student must complete the 90 mins parent/teens course. If you already have completed the 90 mins parent/teens course, then course of completion must be provided.
click logo above to access online training
- Testing site:
5300 Providence Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
- Testing Hours: 7 Days a week 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Virginia Driver Education course steps
- The Miles Driving School will receive registration information from each student who selects to take online driver education.
- The Miles Driving school registers each student through their exclusive portal and clicks the submit button to initiate the process.
- The student immediately receives a user name, password, and link to enter the course: http://www.usdrivertraining.com/login-va.php
- The student logs in and begins the approved online course as instructed.
- Students must successfully complete each unit of instruction (including six Level/Unit tests) prior to taking the final examination.
- Upon completion of the 30 hour online driver education course, the student receives a directive to return to the affiliate school to take the final exam. The student is given written verification of completion of the theory portion of driver education. This document verifies to the affiliate school that the student has completed this portion of the course and is ready to take the final exam.
- The student takes the final examination online in the presence of the licensed instructor.
- The course grades the test and reveals the results. If the student passes the course, the instructor will receive the certificate of completion for that student and can continue with the behind-the-wheel portion of the course or issue the certificate to the student when there is a request to transfer. If the student fails the examination, the student will be allowed to review any section of the completed course to prepare to take the examination again after a 24-hour period has past.
Online 8-Hour Driver's Manual Course
Licensed by the DMV
If you are UNDER the age of 18 and you want to take this online 8-Hour Driver’s Manual course, you MUST provide us proof of having completed the classroom component of a 30-hour driver’s education course BEFORE you are allowed to enroll in the program.
Only certain documents prove that you have completed the classroom component of a 30-hour driver’s education course. You must submit either a signed DEC-1 form (“Green Card”) from your high school or a signed certificate from a DMV approved course provider – see examples below.
You must email a copy of your proof of completion to our school, Miles School of Driving – Online 8-Hour Driver’s Manual Course, at Milesdrivingschool@gmail.com.
If you have questions about providing proof of completion of a driver’s education course, please email us or call our offices at (757) 966-6160.
After you register, you will be sent an EMAIL that will include the link to this online course
To register and pay for course complete the registration form below. Course cost: $175
To Book Your Lessons Please Send Your Information
You can now book your driving lesson online!
Course Price List
Behind the wheel (Teens) $375
Driving lessons for beginners (Teens). We teach you the basics, advanced driving skills and defensive driving.
This course consists of a 7-day program Behind- the Wheel.
Requirements for class:
- 15yrs and 6 months (received learners permit)
- Has held a learners permit for a minimum of 9 months
- Has parental permission and 45 hours of guided driving practice with at least 15 hours occurring after sunset.
- Has completed a drivers education program (classroom) or online green card
- Free Pick Up and Drop off included
Behind the wheel (Adults) $450
Adult Waiver Program/Behind-The-Wheel
This course is for ADULTS ready to earn their Driver’s License. In order to do Behind The Wheel, students must possess a valid learners permit, complete a Virginia approved Drivers Education Course and be in possession of the completion certificate (green card).
Requirements for class:
- Adults 18 and up
- Student must have a valid learners permit.
- Student must attend the Drivers Education class for 36 hours followed by Certificate of Completion Adult Waiver” (DTS-D) classes available online
- Student must know the basics of Behind the Wheel.
- Students must complete 6 hours in-car instruction which can be completed in 3 days
- The Miles School Driving will issue the Adult waiver certificate, which will waive off DMV road skill test and you will get your license.
- Free Pick Up & Drop off included
- For busy adults we have weekend classes available.
Online Driver's ED $160
Online Drivers Ed Program Requirements
The program consists of at least 36 hours of instructions and includes components about alcohol safety, drug abuse awareness, aggressive driving, distracted driving, pedestrian and bicycle safety, handicapped parking, fuel efficient driving practices, motorcycle awareness and organ and tissue donation awareness as required by law.
You must be at least 15 years and 6 months old to take the online driver education course. All individuals who elect to take the classroom component of the drivers education course online must take the online course through a DMV licensed driver training school. Home schooled students are exempt from this requirement.
In order to benefit from the course, you must be able to work independently and be comfortable with using a computer.
Students must click on the registration button which will collect required info then, it will generate payment after you have registered.
Once payment is made email will be sent to your inbox with username and password (Also check your spam folder). Students should complete each level and take quiz at end of each level, after student completes level 6 please contact us to schedule final exam. (757) 966-6160
On day of testing you must bring the following to the testing site:
- Photo Identification (DMV issued identification card, school issued identification card, valid passport or military identification.
- Proof of completion of the online driver education course
- A completed “parental consent for online driver education examination” (DTS-62), if you are under the age 18.
- Proof of completion of the additional 90-minute parent/teen course if you are under age 18 and live in Planning District 8(counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William and cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Manassas and Manassas park)
- The online training school – Miles School of Driving will provide a computer for testing